"The Pram's Album Show" on 2MCE-FM presents...
Your Favourite Featured Album for Tuesday 20 July 2010, 1.30 - 3.30 pm (AEST) was :
"Abbey Road", by The Beatles (1969)
* What does this album remind you of?
* Who were you with when you first heard music from this album?
* Why does this albums' music sound special to you?
* What were you doing when you first heard music from this album?
* How does hearing songs from this album make you feel?
- Abbey Road is the eleventh and final studio album by English rock band The Beatles.
- Abbey Road is regarded as one of The Beatles' most tightly constructed albums, although the band was barely operating as a functioning unit at the time.
- Rolling Stone magazine named it the 14th greatest album of all time
- When the Beatles disbanded in 1970, Abbey Road had sold over 7 million copies worldwide. This was the first Beatles' album to reach the 10-million mark in worldwide sales, in 1980.
- In 1997, Abbey Road was named the 12th greatest album of all time in a 'Music of the Millennium' poll conducted by HMV, Channel 4, The Guardian and Classic FM
- It received the same ranking in a 1998 poll of Q magazine readers.
- In 2000, Q placed it at number 17 in its list of the 100 Greatest British Albums Ever.
- In 2001, the TV network VH1 named it the 8th greatest album ever.
- In 2006, the album was chosen by Time Magazine as one of the 100 best albums of all time.
- In 2006, Abbey Road was rated as Australia's fourth favourite album on My Favourite Album, a television special done by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation aired on 3 December 2006 (it was the highest position for a Beatles Album on that list). (Source)
- 1969 in music ... 41 years ago ...
Check the World Clock - what time are we playing where you are across the world?
Call me [when on-air] :  6338 4681