"The Pram's Album Show" on 2MCE-FM presents...
Your Favourite Featured Album for Tuesday 7th December 2010, 1.30 - 3.30 pm (NSW time) was :
"Out of Time", by R.E.M (1991)
* What does this album remind you of?
* Who were you with when you first heard music from this album?
* Why does this albums' music sound special to you?
* What were you doing when you first heard music from this album?
* How does hearing songs from this album make you feel?
- With "Out of Time", R.E.M.'s status grew from that of a cult band to a massive international act.
- The record topped the album sales charts in both the U.S. and the United Kingdom, spending 109 weeks on American album charts and enjoying two separate spells at the summit, and 183 weeks on the British charts, and spending a single week at the top.
- "Out of Time" has been certified four times platinum in the U.S. and sold over twelve million copies worldwide.
- The album won three Grammy Awards in 1992: one as Best Alternative Music Album, and two for the first single, "Losing My Religion". (Source)
- 1991 in music ... 19 years ago ...
Check the World Clock - what time are we playing where you are across the world?
Call me [when on-air] : (02) 6331 0092