Your Favourite Featured Album for Tuesday 26th April 2011, 1.30 - 3.30 pm (AEST) was :
"Boys For Pele", by Tori Amos (1996)
* What does this album remind you of?
* Who were you with when you first heard music from this album?
* Why does this albums' music sound special to you?
* What were you doing when you first heard music from this album?
* How does hearing songs from this album make you feel?
- Boys for Pele is the third studio album by American singer and song-writer Tori Amos.
- Preceded by the first single, "Caught a Lite Sneeze", the album was released on 22 January 1996.
- Boys for Pele debuted at # 2 on both the Billboard 200 and the UK Top 40, making it her biggest simultaneous transatlantic debut, her first Billboard top 10 debut, and the highest-charting US debut of her career to date.
- Boys for Pele was recorded in rural Ireland and Louisiana and features 18 songs that incorporate harpsichord, clavichord, harmonium, gospel choirs, brass bands and full orchestras.
- Amos wrote all of the tracks, and for the first time, she served as the producer for her own album.
- For Amos, the album was a step into a different direction, in terms of singing, songwriting, and recording, and is experimental in comparison to her previous work. (Source)
- 1996 in music ... 15 years ago ...