Your Favourite Featured Album for Tuesday 26th July 2011, 1.30 - 3.30 pm (AEST) was :
"Imagine", by John Lennon (1971)
* What does this album remind you of?
* Who were you with when you first heard music from this album?
* Why does this albums' music sound special to you?
* What were you doing when you first heard music from this album?
* How does hearing songs from this album make you feel?
- Imagine is John Lennon's second post-Beatles album.
- Recorded and released in 1971, the album tended toward songs that were gentler, more commercial and less avant-garde than those on his critically acclaimed previous album, John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band.
- The album is considered the most popular of his works.
- In 2003, Rolling Stone magazine listed Imagine as the 76th greatest album in history. (Source)
- 1971 in music ... 40 years ago ...