Your Favourite Featured Album for Tuesday 9th August 2011, 1.30 - 3.30 pm (NSW time) will be :
"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ", by Australian iconic rock band Midnight Oil (1982)
* What does this album remind you of?
* Who were you with when you first heard music from this album?
* Why does this albums' music sound special to you?
* What were you doing when you first heard music from this album?
* How does hearing songs from this album make you feel?
- 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 is an album by Midnight Oil that was released on vinyl in 1982 under the Columbia Records label.
- The lengthy name is often pronounced "ten-to-one" or "ten-nine-eight" by fans.
- It peaked at No. 3 on the Australian Kent Music Report Albums Chart and remained on the chart for 171 weeks.
- The album's closing track "Somebody's Trying to Tell Me Something" contains a note held by the group for what seems like an eternity, which would continue into the album's runout groove, and emulated on the CD version for just over 40 seconds. This is an approximation of a locked groove, a gimmick used a number of times on vinyl albums (such as Diamond Dogs and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band) where the ending sound would continue into the runout groove, with which the sound would continue on until the turntable arm was lifted off, or the automatic return on some turntables would kick in.
- In October 2010, the album was listed in the top 30 in the book, 100 Best Australian Albums with 1987's Diesel and Dust at No. 1. (Source)
- 1982 in music ... 29 years ago ...