Your Favourite Featured Album for Tuesday 13th September 2011, 1.30 - 3.30 pm (NSW time) was :
"The Doors", by The Doors (1967)
* What does this album remind you of?
* Who were you with when you first heard music from this album?
* Why does this albums' music sound special to you?
* What were you doing when you first heard music from this album?
* How does hearing songs from this album make you feel?
- The Doors is the debut album by the American rock band The Doors, recorded in August 1966 and released in January 1967.
- It features the breakthrough single "Light My Fire", extended with a substantial instrumental section mostly omitted on the single release, and the lengthy song "The End" with its Oedipal spoken-word section.
- The Doors credit the success of their first album to being able to work the songs out night after night at the Whisky a Go Go and the London Fog clubs.
- The album was ranked number 42 on Rolling Stone's list the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. (Source)
- 1967 in music ... 44 years ago ...