Your Favourite Featured Album for Tuesday 23rd August 2011, 1.30 - 3.30 pm (NSW time) was :
"The Sound Of White", by Australia's own Missy Higgins (2004)
* What does this album remind you of?
* Who were you with when you first heard music from this album?
* Why does this albums' music sound special to you?
* What were you doing when you first heard music from this album?
* How does hearing songs from this album make you feel?
- The Sound of White is the debut studio album by Australian pop singer-songwriter Missy Higgins, released in 2004.
- Higgins had secured recording contracts with Eleven and Warner Bros. while still in high school, after winning a competition for unsigned artists run by radio station Triple J. Her winning song, "All For Believing", is included on this album. After a backpacking trip in 2002, Higgins toured and wrote songs during 2003.
- She wrote most tracks alone and collaborated on three songs, with Kevin Griffin, Jay Clifford and Clif Magness respectively.
- The Sound of White was recorded in 2004 with producer John Porter.
- Higgins' first single from the album was "Scar", released in August ahead of the album. Three more singles were released, "Ten Days" in November, "The Special Two" in April 2005 and "The Sound of White" in August.
- Critics gave the album mixed reviews and it achieved commercial success, reaching number one on the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) Albums Chart and, selling over 630,000 copies, was accredited platinum nine times.
- The album was nominated for five ARIA Awards in 2004 and won 'Best Pop Release'. The following year it was nominated for eight ARIA awards and won five.
- In 2005, Higgins won the Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) 'Song of the Year' award for "Scar". (Source)
- 2004 in music ... 7 years ago ...