Monday 17 October 2011

Bruce Springsteen "The River" (1980)



Your Favourite Featured Album for Tuesday 8th November 2011, 1.30 - 3.30 pm (NSW time) was :

"The River", by Bruce Springsteen (1980)

* Where were you when you first heard songs from this album?
* What does this album remind you of?
* Who were you with when you first heard music from this album?
* Why does this albums' music sound special to you?
* What were you doing when you first heard music from this album?
* How does hearing songs from this album make you feel?
  • "[The River] was a record that was sort of the gateway to a lot of my future writing. It was a record we made after Darkness on the Edge of Town. It was a record made during a recession - hard times in the States. Its title song is a song I wrote for my brother-in-law and sister. My brother-in-law was in the construction industry, lost his job and had to struggle very hard back in the late 70s, like so many people are doing today. It was a record where I first started to tackle men and women and families and marriage. There were certain songs on it that lead to complete records later on: "The River" sorta went to the writing on Nebraska, "Stolen Car" went to the writing on Tunnel of Love. Originally it was a single record. I handed it in with just one record and I took it back because I didn't feel it was big enough. Wanted to capture the themes I had been writing about on Darkness. I wanted to keep those characters with me and at the same time added music that made our live shows so much fun and joy for our audience. So, In the end, we're gonna take you down to The River tonight" - Bruce Springsteen (Source)
~ Thanks so much to great studio help from Micah today ~

Check the World Clock


Call me (when on-air) : (02) 6331 0092


View my FriendFeed

2mce
The Pram's Album Show - Tuesday 1.30 - 3.30 pm (NSW time)
Tune-in to Radio 2MCE-FM 92.3 & 94.7 MHz (Bathurst & Orange NSW Australia).
Call me : (02) 6331 0092

Check the World Clock
What time are we broadcasting, wherever you are across the world?

The current time here is :




No comments:

Post a Comment