"The Pram's Album Show" on 2MCE-FM presents...
Your Favourite Featured Album for Tuesday 7th September 2010, 1.30 - 3.30 pm (AEST) was :
"Blue", by Joni Mitchell (1971)
* What does this album remind you of?
* Who were you with when you first heard music from this album?
* Why does this albums' music sound special to you?
* What were you doing when you first heard music from this album?
* How does hearing songs from this album make you feel?
- In 2003, Blue was ranked #30 on Rolling Stone Magazine's list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time, the highest placement for a female artist.
- In 2000, Blue won the top spot in Chart's '50 Greatest Canadian Albums of All Time' (Blue was third place in 1996 and 2005).
- In 2007, Blue was ranked second in Bob Mersereau's book The Top 100 Canadian Albums.
- In 2001, Blue was ranked #14 on VH1's list of the '100 Greatest Albums of All Time', the highest album by a female artist to appear on the list.
- Blue was also voted #13 on Hotpress Magazine's 'Top 100 Albums Ever'.
- In 2002, Q Magazine named "Blue" the 8th Greatest Album of All-Time by a Female Artist.
- Blue was voted #66 in Channel 4's countdown of the '100 Greatest Albums'.
- In 2006, Blue was listed among Time Magazine's 'All-Time 100 Albums'.
- In 1999, Blue was given the honor of a Grammy Hall of Fame award, which is given to recordings that are at least 25 years old and that have "qualitative or historical significance"
- In 2004, Pitchfork Media ranked the album #86 on its list "Top 100 Albums of the 1970s". (Source)
- 1971 in music ... 39 years ago ...
You can listen Online - Streamed Live (using Windows Media Player).
Check the World Clock - what time are we playing where you are across the world?
Call me [when on-air] :  6338 4681