Your Favourite Featured Album for Tuesday 21st June 2011, 1.30 - 3.30 pm (AEST) was :
"Angles", by The Strokes (2011)
* What does this album remind you of?
* Who were you with when you first heard music from this album?
* Why does this albums' music sound special to you?
* What were you doing when you first heard music from this album?
* How does hearing songs from this album make you feel?
- The Strokes decided to experiment with various production techniques, and recorded the rest of the album's material with award-winning engineer Gus Oberg at a converted farmhouse near Albert Hammond Jr.'s Port Jervis home in Upstate New York.
- It is their first album since the release of 'First Impressions of Earth' in 2006, their longest gap to date between two consecutive studio albums.
- Media response to Angles was generally favorable; aggregating website Metacritic reports a normalized rating of 70%, based on 20 critical reviews.
- In his four-star review, David Fricke of Rolling Stone explained that the record was "worth the wait", and summed it up as "the first step away from the sound of their instant-classic debut. Instead of the rigid purity of 'Is This It,' the new album nods to the more expansive sound of The Velvet Underground's 1970 record, Loaded." (Source)