Your Favourite Featured Album for Tuesday 5th April 2011, 1.30 - 3.30 pm (AEST) was :
"The Bends", by Radiohead (1995)
* What does this album remind you of?
* Who were you with when you first heard music from this album?
* Why does this albums' music sound special to you?
* What were you doing when you first heard music from this album?
* How does hearing songs from this album make you feel?
- The Bends is the second studio album by English alternative rock band Radiohead, released on 13 March 1995.
- The Bends was produced by John Leckie at EMI's studios in London, and engineered by Nigel Godrich, who would go on to produce all future albums by the band.
- Featuring five charting singles, the album also marked the beginning of a shift in aesthetics and themes for the band, with greater use of keyboards, and more abrasive guitar tracks balancing subtler ones.
- The introspective grunge-influenced style of Pablo Honey evolved toward more multi-layered rock with cryptic lyrics and larger ideas, as the band and singer Thom Yorke reacted against the rigours of near-constant world tours.
- The album was subject to greater critical acclaim than their debut Pablo Honey (1993), receiving an enthusiastic critical reaction, and it reached number four in the UK Albums Chart.
- The Bends achieved triple platinum sales certifications in the UK and Canada and platinum sales in the US and the EU.
- In the years since its release, the album has frequently appeared in listener polls and critics' lists of best contemporary rock albums. (Source)
- 1995 in music ... 16 years ago ...
The Pram's Album Show - Tuesdays 1.30 - 3.30 pm (AEST)
Tune-in to Radio 2MCE-FM 92.3 & 94.7 MHz (Bathurst & Orange NSW Australia).
Listen Online - Streamed Live (using Windows Media Player).
Call me : (02) 6331 0092